The Biobed® DUO design has been developed to provide advantages for specific applications. It offers improved performance by combining world leading Biobed® Advanced technology with innovative process features such as recycle and mixing control, in-situ cleaning and sludge inventory management in an advanced two layer reactor system.
In-situ Gas Liquid separator cleaning
The Biobed® DUO reactor is standard equipped with a novel and unique facility to perform in-situ cleaning of the Gas Liquid separators. By adjusting valves in the biogas piping turbulent flows are created across the entire surface of the first and/ or second layer of separators. The scouring by the gas provides an efficient cleaning process. The in- situ cleaning can be automated in a preventative maintenance Standard Operating Procedure.
Features and benefits
- COD loading rate 20-30 kg COD/m3 .d
- COD removal efficiencies 75-90%
- Compact system using minimal space
- Full control of emissions, no odour
- Biogas production for energy recovery
- Minimal surplus sludge production
- Fully automated and operator friendly