Biothane is a business unit within the Veolia Water Technologies organization. The mission of Biothane is to provide world-class leading anaerobic water and biogas technology solutions which serve industrial and municipal markets in order to enable valorization of resources.
The Biobed, Sulfothane & MemGas are our flagship technologies. Biothane has more than 700 projects realized since the early 80’s. As Biothane we are driven by continuous development and innovation of our treatment technologies. Innovation to create more value from wastewater and biogas.
The company’s strategy is to channel its products and services at a global scale. The sales channels consist of: the international Veolia Water Technologies network, other partners and directly to end-users.
The team in Delft consists of more than 35 specialized professionals with a passion to deliver the best solutions to the market every day. To accommodate our growth we are looking for a Sales Engineer who can strengthen our Sales team and support in realizing our ambitions!
Sales Engineer F/M
Delft, The Netherlands
Employees can work remotely
Contract Type: Standard
The Sales Engineer will promote, expand, maintain and implement all sales aspects of our anaerobic and biogas upgrading technologies.
The Sales Engineer will leverage sales and opportunity development tools, as well as liaise with key partners and stakeholders to develop opportunities through to successful closure;
His/her duties & responsibilities will consist in particular in:
- Lead a quality offering process and secure quality deliverables :
- Review tender documentation: contractual conditions, technical specifications; flag items and screen their importance for clarification, costing, legal issues, etc...
- Prepare efficiently technical and commercial proposals in compliance with deadlines together with the Tender Team.
- Achieve or exceed the sales and profitability target set by the company by generating new opportunities, working closely with key partners to understand their business needs and recommend continuous improvement plans.
- Actively manage key accounts and partners: liaison meetings, training, marketing & communication support.
- Gather sales & market intelligence data to support the development of a most appropriate offering.
- Partner with Tender Team to ensure continuous improvement of sales tools and processes.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Support the development of marketing tools in partnership with Marketing & Communication team.
- Be as sparring partner to the Technical, Engineering and Operation teams to provide return of experience from a sales perspective and secure a continuous loop of improvement.
- Contribute to a positive company atmosphere, supporting, socializing with other Departments in order to get BIOTHANE to a next level.
- Process/Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 3 years of experience in the sales role and/or technical support in the biogas industry
- Fluent in French and English language
- Position based in Biothane Delft (Netherlands) office compulsory
- Knowledge from the anaerobic and/or biogas markets
- Customer and service oriented
- Excellent communication skills to find a fit for purpose solution for our customers
- Autonomous - taking ownership and responsibility
- Confidence to work with and communicate with customers, colleagues and peers
- Able to prioritize and to work towards firm deadlines
- Structured and methodical approach to tackle challenges
- Be results-oriented and have a can do attitude
- International focus, valuing differences, deal with other cultures
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
We offer you a role in a dynamic, energetic sales team, with different nationalities and the opportunity to participate in various projects around the world. Join an innovative, ambitious and passionate business unit in a professional and corporate environment.
A bespoke training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this will include internal and external training as required for the role.
You will work closely with other departments on a daily basis and sit within a driven and successful Sales Department working on exciting and challenging Biogas projects.
Would you like to come resource the world with us?
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.